Jean Monnet Module
E-administracja - europejskie wyzwania dla administracji publicznej w państwach członkowskich UE i krajach partnerskich
eGovernment - European Challenges for Public Administration in EU Member States and Partner Countries
Jagiellonian University in Krakow
Chair of European Law
in cooperation with
Pedagogical University of Cracow
Institute of Law and Economics
invites you to participate in the international conference
Citizen-centric eGovernment in the European Union
8-9 June 2022
Faculty of Law and Administration, Jagiellonian University
Bracka 12 St.
Aim and themes:
The theme of the conference is the analysis of the implementation and functioning of e-government in Poland and in Europe, with a particular emphasis on the impact of digitalisation on public administration activities for citizens. The digital transformation of administration is seen as a response to the need to adapt public administration activities to the changing needs of the society.
The ambition of the Organising Committee is to stimulate and initiate a scientific debate involving academics and practitioners on the question whether information and communication technologies make European and domestic administrations more citizen-oriented?
Special attention will be directed towards e-government as a basis for direct and indirect improvement in the quality of people's lives. The aim of the Jean Monnet Module Conference is to establish the impact of new technological channels of interaction between administration and citizens, on the organisational structure and dynamics of public administration and on the delivery of public services.
As the Polish public administration functions in the European administrative space, the scientific reflection on the eGovernment issues in the EU and other European countries, including the countries of the Eastern Partnership and the Western Balkans, is also required. The issue of using electronic tools within the framework of cooperation between national and European administration will also be discussed.
The conference has an interdisciplinary character including such fields as: law, economics, science of administration, management. The eGovernment will be analysed in terms of: current changes and trends in Polish and European administrative law; organization and management in public administration; the concepts, priorities and activities of the public authorities; relations between representatives of public administration and citizens; historical and socio-political conditions of changes in public administration resulting from its digitalisation.
- eGovernment for citizens: electronic access to information on administrative matters and public services; citizen-friendly public websites and platforms; digitalisation and efficiency of administrative services; responsibilities of the administration and public service providers in the era of digitisation of administration; eGovernment and fundamental rights, in particular protection of the right to privacy and personal data.
- Digital skills of citizens as a condition for the development of e-government: digital exclusion, digital society; availability of digital services, including access to the Internet; digital education.
- Online public services available to citizens: eID; electronic documents; e-signature; e-taxes; e-invoices, online medical prescriptions; e-voting; e-police; e-healthcare; e-notary; e-census; e-school; digital mail; electronic networks for exchanging medical data with other health care providers and specialists; smart cities.
- From eGovernment to eGovernance in the EU and in the member states: democratisation of public life through digital transformation in the EU and in the Member States , proximity and accessibility of administration to citizens through new technologies, e-participation of the public, e-consultation of the public; e-government and citizens' influence on decision-making in public administration.
Organisation of the Conference
- The conference will be held in a hybrid formula – on site and online via meeting platform.
- Applications for participation in the Conference and a short abstract (about 1000 characters) should be sent no later than 7 April 2022 by filling in the application form.
The Organising Committee will notify the acceptance of the contribution by e-mail.
In case of a large number of submissions, the organisers reserve the right to select the contributions. The authors will be informed by 10 April 2022 about the acceptance of the contributions for oral presentation. The written outlines to be published on the Conference website should be sent by 18 May 2022 to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org It is possible to apply for participation in the Conference without a contribution.
- The organisers intend to publish post-conference articles in a monograph in a scoring publication. The article will be submitted for publication after receiving a positive review. Articles should be submitted by 31 August 2022 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com A monograph with articles from the e-administration conference held in the previous academic year will be published in free access until the end of March 2022 - https://books.akademicka.pl/publishing/catalog/book/353
- The estimated time for presenting the contribution at the Conference is 15 minutes + 10 minutes for discussion.
- The conference fee for persons attending the conference on site with a paper is 450 PLN, on site without a paper is 250 PLN. The fee do not include accommodation.
- The conference fee for online conference participants with a paper is 250 PLN.
- The conference participation online without a paper (passive viewing) is free.
- Payment should be made by bank transfer by 18 May 2022 to the account:
IBAN: PL 71 1240 4722 1111 0000 4853 4484
Transfer title (compulsory): E-administracja and first name and surname of the participant
In the event of cancellation of participation in the Conference, the deposit is non-refundable.
With kind regards and sincere greetings
on behalf of the Organising Committee
Prof. dr hab. Sławomir Dudzik
dr hab. Inga Kawka
dr hab. Inga Kawka (Organizing Committee Chair)
Prof. dr hab. Sławomir Dudzik
Prof. UP dr hab. Kazimiera Juszka
Dr hab. Monika Niedźwiedź
Dr Monika Kawczyńska
Dr Łukasz Kozera
Dr Małgorzata Kożuch
Dr Monika Skowrońska
Dr Aleksandra Sołtysińska
Dr Renata Śliwa